Frequently Asked Questions About Donating Online
1. What is PayPal, and how is Living Water Church using it to enable online donations?
PayPal allows us to collect donations from a button on our website or an email link. It is a low cost way for us to make it convenient for you to keep your tithing commitment if you forgot your checkbook on a Sunday. It is also available 24×7 so you can donate anytime you wish.
2. Why did you choose PayPal?
It is the most widely-used donation provider and we have confidence in its reliability. Also, it is inexpensive. In fact, we do not pay anything unless someone donates, and then PayPal retains a small percentage of the donation as a transaction fee.
3. Do I have to have a PayPal account?
No. Look for the button that allows you to choose to use a major credit card (American Express, VISA, etc.) You can use one of them without ever signing up for PayPal.
4. Are you encouraging people to borrow to support the church?
No. We are simply making it convenient for people who prefer to donate online to do so, not asking people to incur debt to do so. Most people these days have a Visa or Mastercard bank card (not credit card) which is the same as donating cash or writing a check.
5. Do I have to be a member of the church to donate?
No. We are grateful for support from all who feel motivated to do so. PayPal does ask for your contact information, and we do not currently accept anonymous donations.
6. Is my donation tax-deductible?
Yes. We are a 501(C)(3) corporation.
7. I cannot figure out how to make PayPal work.
Please call the church office at (863)401-3024 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you get started.